Monday, June 2, 2014

Note to Self...Exciting Announcement!

I am pleased to announce that on May 31st (his due date!) at 3:19 pm this little guy was born!

Albert Gregory - son of my best friends, Emily and Steven!

Oh, I am so excited to be an Aunt to him! I cannot wait to teach him to be a Tigers fan and not a Yankee's fan lol; and to see how he teaches Emily and Steven how to be the best first time parents.
 
Just watching the two of them with him tonight was a blessing. Albert is almost three days old and I can see how they've already adapted into parenthood. I am so thankful that I get to be a part of this special time in their lives and that I've been there since they first found out that they were expecting.

I still remember when my other dear friend, Rachel, revealed that she was pregnant to me before she told a lot of other people...even my friend Angie allowed me the honor of letting her first born daughter, Alayna (I helped with the spelling of her name) be the first baby that I've ever held.
 
And the big one - Albert will be the first baby that I'll change a diaper on. I know, I know, boys are the harder one's to change...but I'm up to the challenge! There will be a blog post on that experience for sure!
 
It means the world to me that my dear friends make me feel a part of their little families.

Albert's first FaceTime experience with Aunt Al
 
It feels just like last month, and not October, that I was visiting Emily and Steven in New York and found out that she was expecting him...and now here he is! And my best friend is a mommy. And I am an Aunt. Congrats, Emily and Steven! I thank God for this little bundle of joy that He has blessed you both with. 

-Aunt Al

No comments:

Post a Comment