Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pizza

Sometimes in life we don't know what to pray or how to ask for encouragement when we're going through trials. So often we put on our "happy" face and let the world and those around us think that we've got it all together. Thing is, no one has it all together...

A few weeks ago I had a bad day. Not one of those days when your hair is all over the place or you can't find anything to wear (those days are the pits, too, though) this was one of those days where I felt so lost...so lost that I couldn't find the words to pray about what was really bothering me...
Hard days like these happen and we are reminded that the world doesn't revolve around us, even when we feel like our world is crashing at our feet, life still goes on. For example, that night one of my friends was hosting a ThirtyOne Gifts party for me at her house. I was to be there right after work and only had minutes to find something to eat for dinner. Due to stress, I wasn't hungry, but for some reason I did feel like I could eat a slice of juicy yummy pizza. The problem was (yes another problem to add to the day) was that there were no fast food joints around that sold pizza by the slice (if you do know of one, please share!). So I figured I'd just eat the small snacks my friend was planning on for the party. I arrived to her house early and put on my happy "party" face and went inside to set up. The moment I walked in the door, she greeted me by asking if I had eaten dinner... I said no...
Do you know that she had bought a pizza for me thinking that I'd probably be hungry when I got to her house?! She had no idea I wanted pizza. She had no idea whatsoever of the kind of day I had had. She didn't even know that pizza is one of my favorite meals! But God did. He knew I wanted pizza. He knew that I was upset and had one of the worst days ever. And He was telling me that He loved me - with a slice of pizza.


I truly believe that we need to be more mindful to encourage each other because we don't know who is going through one of their "worst days ever." It gives me the chills that God took care of a simple need of mine through my friends kindness that awful day. I challenge you to look for opportunities that you could encourage someone.

-A

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I wish we were all more brave about sharing things when we're down! On the flip side, we all need to be sure to be there for people when they open up and share their weaknesses. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post! I think this will come to mind more since the Holiday season is quickly approaching, but I hope people will do these things after the Holidays are over, too.
      Thanks!

      Delete