Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Run

This past Saturday I went to the mall and there at the Puma store I found a new pair of tennis shoes that I fell in love with. AND they were 40% off! Score!!! Yes, I'm going to post a photo of them.

(Oh I love them and get so excited when I see them! Must be a girl thing...haha!)


I've always been interested in sports (especially softball) and physical activity, but in the last year or so I have gotten back into running. I've accomplished three 5k's since last fall and find great release in the activity of running. I'm not a long distance runner yet...but I'm getting better at it! There's nothing like getting in the zone while listening to your favorite music and pushing yourself to go another mile.
One of my favorite memories of running is when I lived a semester in Washington, D.C. and I would go running around the Lincoln Memorial with my sister every so often at twilight. That beats running on a treadmill any day! Amber is actually the person who got me into running seriously and I hope we can run a 5k together someday soon!


On another note, I've recently started to listen to contemporary Christian music. No, I haven't always been too keen on the genre, but I've discovered some really great bands. One of them being Addison Road and I totally love their song Run (listen to it, please!).

This song is actually what inspired me to write this post about running. I love the picture here in the video of the lady running free - no fancy Puma tennis shoes needed - just her bare feet and basking in the joy and freedom that she has found. Ah, don't we all long for finding that kind of freedom in life? Life can be so hard and sometimes we forget that when you find that freedom, and you get in that kind of zone, that's when you can fully enjoy the life you've been blessed with! I am encouraged by the lyrics in this song and the hope that it gives and I hope you enjoy it, too. Oh and if that were me in video, I'd keep my awesome new shoes on :o)

-A

3 comments:

  1. I liked this song a lot. Specifically, I think it's interesting how the lyrics relate to running TO something, and it's hopeful:
    Run now don't you look back
    Run towards the light straight ahead
    Where the lost souls make a beautiful sound
    And new life is finally found
    Run

    One of my other favorite songs called "Run" is by Snow Patrol. I love the song, but it definitely has another message, where the person is running FROM something. There's hope, but it depends only on you. Kind of scary when you think about it. Really, it's like trying to get back into running. At first it's hard to do and to make a habit of. It's much harder if you're doing it because you think you have to and you're forced to. But if you're running TO something, a goal or otherwise, it becomes a lot easier to make the habit stick! :o)

    Keep it up and thanks for sharing the song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listened to Run by Snow Patrol today - very good! Thanks for the song tip!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you like this song now, too! I love the verse about "free falling" how it talks about new beginnings, etc.
    When I first heard this song I thought of it as running from your old self and being redeemed in a sense. I like your take on it, though! I'll listen to the other "Run" song that you like and let you know what I think! Thanks for the encouragement! :o)

    ReplyDelete