Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Hump Day & Thanksgiving

For me, I feel like my excitement this year for Thanksgiving matches the excitement this camel has for his favorite day:



I love Thanksgiving! One of the reasons could be because my family lets me take home leftovers and I don't have to go grocery shopping for a few days haha...but I love looking back at the year and reflecting on all the fun, crazy and sometimes bad things that God has brought me through. I want this post to highlight some of those memorable events that occurred to me this year. It's crazy to think that the holidays are already upon us, but I'm ready for them this year. I already started decorating my apartment for Christmas!

I can honestly say that 2013 has been one of the best years of my life! No year has ever had so many ups and downs. The beginning of the year started off with me getting out of a toxic relationship which was a relief to me and my family. The spring held the joy of celebrating another birthday in my 20s... then a month after my birthday, I squealed and cried with delight at the Taylor Swift concert that my sister gifted me with! Then my spectacular summer started. Yes, ladies and gents, this was the summer that I tried out for AMERICAN IDOL!!! Oh. My. Word. That was one of the most exhilarating and exhausting weekends of my LIFE! Major props to my mom for waiting in line for two days to watch me sing for 10 SECONDS in front of the judges. Hey, at least we got to see Ryan Seacrest! The next weekend we went to watch two of my favorite baseball teams live (Go Rangers! Go Tigers!) and eat hot dogs and enjoy the atmosphere.

This was also the first summer that I had a summer romance. And it literally lasted just for the summer haha! And no, it did not end with us singing a powerful duet and me being in a tight leather suit like the movie Grease, but it did end bittersweet and led me to some major life changes. That's what I love most about relationships - that they have the power to inspire you to be a better person or help you discover something about yourself. This can happen whether you stay in that relationship or not. One of those inspirations was to start this blog. I absolutely love this blog. I like to think that there is someone out there going through the same type of journey that I am and when they read this, it gives them encouragement that they're not alone.

There is so much to be thankful for and it reminds me of my favorite bible verse, "I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13. I love this verse because it challenges me to be more aware of the little and big events of my life that show the goodness of the Lord and how much He loves us.
So, I'm wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving and hope that you get to spend it with family and loved ones.

What are you thankful for this year?

-A

4 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for my home this year! Love this message! Thanks fo the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you getting a new house, too! I'm glad you were encouraged by my post! I'm very thankful for you, Am! :o)
    <3 Alie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading these, it's fun. Fun to comment too :) too bad American Idol didn't work, they don't know what they are missing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DaNae! I appreciate your comments, too :o) I'll let you know when the Detroit week is on and then we can see if I'm in the audience at all.

      Delete